Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Art - cardmaking - Blue asian

The bookplate on this card looks like silver metal but it is not! I used a Sizzix book plate die in my Cuttlebug machine to cut these out of scrap silver coated cardboard!! Worked so perfectly!! I am always saving interesting packaging and recyclables for use in my crafting!!
The background paper is some I printed with my cyan and magenta ink when my colour printer ran out of yellow ink. I downloaded a wide variety of backgrounds from the internet and tiled them in a layout program to create decorative paper!! Worked out so well. I have printed them on coated colour laser paper which nicely absorbs the inks and keeps the colour vibrant!!
The decorative paper is trimmed just smaller than the card, a coordinating strip of cardstock is added to the bottom of the card, a greeting glued to the back of the bookplate, a ribbon inserted to span the width of the card and glued in place. Added the layered silk flowers with a silver brad.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments