Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Art - Journal page


I created this October journal spread as an extra because there are only 7 of us participating in the swap so I offered to do an extra set as did a few more so she will have a full set of months when we are done.
I used a catch sheet from an alcohol ink session on these pages. I doctored it up with a bit of watercolour to make it more consistent and even. Added the Sizzix letters for "October" on one side and colour printed "give" on the other side and used the insides of the Sizzix letters on that side. I also used my sewing machine to make stitching holes on both pieces and then a marker to simulate thread. Added some vintage photos with descriptions to remind us to give thanks for the qualities of our BEING as well as the many materials blessings we receive. A very fun layout that worked out just as I had envisioned it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments