Saturday, July 05, 2008

My Art - Journal pages

My last set of journal pages for our Altered Journal project!! Ancient Architecture was the theme and I chose to do a page on ancient bridges in China! I used a new to me technique which I am not sure has a name. You paste down your image and then paint the edges to include them into your background. I stamped the blue cardstock with Chinese characters and then pasted down some pieces torn from a Chinese newspaper and watercoloured over them. After I pasted my colour printed images down I added more watercolour to the page to incorporate the images into the page. I expect that the transparency of the watercolour made it not the most effective medium but I liked the results! I added Chinese in die cut letters and Bridges was colour printed. I colour washed over it so it would blend with the page. It has been a fun project!! I have one more set of sheets to arrive before I can bind all of mine together into a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments