Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cardmaking - quick and easy card

Hey! I know it has taken me a while to post the March cardmaking cards. I have been out west to see my new grandson! He is awesome and doing very well. Parents are sleep deprived but hanging in hoping that the distance between feedings and sleep times will increase!! As we all know, they will!!

This was one of my quick and easy cards! It fits in a #8 envelope. The card is made from white cardstock cut 3.5" x 8.5" and folded at just short of the 6.5" mark. You can see on this one that I cut the edge with scallop scissors and punched holes with a pushpin to make an eyelet looking edge. Using a spongy mouse pad or thick fun foam works really well as a base for making the holes with a push pin. The top is covered with a small piece of decorative scrapbooking paper and the botton is a piece of cardstock which has been embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder - Floral Motif! and glued to the backside of the top flap. I stamped the greeting with pigment ink,embossed it with tinsel embossing powder for a glittery look which matches the decorative paper and punched it with the SU scallop punch. Great for a kids birthday!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments