Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Art - Oct cardmaking - glitter

Had another great group of cardmakers at my October class last night!!
These cards feature decorative cardstock which I printed on my inkjet printer. It was double sided so each person could choose which side they wanted to use for their card. The images were silver embossed and then glued to the white square - some of which were embossed (CB) and some were not due to an oversight when I was prepping. I did think that prep had been done in record time!! Once this element was glued to the decorative cardstock I ripped the bottom edge and punched some shapes along it. I turned over this piece and applied tape to the back to cover the holes I had punched. I sprinkled glitter on the front and rubbed it in a bit so the glitter would be well adhered and shook off the excess. It created such a nice effect. All that was left to be done was to glue the whole thing to the front of the card!!
I like the idea of using tape to apply glitter. I was thinking that I could cut shapes from labels or adhesive cardstock and apply glitter to those!! A technique I will be persuing in my future classes.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments