Friday, November 20, 2009

My Art - Cardmaking - reindeer

I have been busy with classes and not at my blog as often as I used to.
This is the first of the cards from this week's cardmaking session. The embellishment was created using decorative circles which were cardstock stickers that someone gave me a while back. There were reindeers, snowman and holly. I mounted them onto a scalloped circle which I cut with a nestabilities die and my Cuttlebug machine. I gave them all coordinating circles. I stamped the top with a long UM (SU) in white pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder.
THRIFTY TIP: I unmounted the rubber from a wheel and am using it with an acrylic mount which makes it much easier to use with conventional stamp pads.
The lower part was embossed with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder (CB). I added a piece of ribbon to cover the joint between the two, tucked the ends to the inside of the card and adhered them with double sided tape. The embellishment and the colour printed greeting were mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape to give them dimension. I punched the greeting with the window punch from SU.
I like using my tools and I certainly used quite a few on this card. It was an easy one to put together once all the pieces were finished.
Have you started your Christmas cards yet? I have a few already to go!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments