Friday, April 30, 2010

Cardmaking - April - Handmade paper

Just getting to posting my cards from last week's cardmaking!! In support of Earth Day I incorporated some "reduce, reuse, recycle" techniques to my cards!!
These ones feature several earth friendly items - recycled handmade paper, reused coloured images and dryer sheets!! The handmade paper I made myself using printed bond paper and other additives - paper confetti and dried flowers!! It is such fun to make handmade paper with your scraps. The coloured images are cut from commercial cards! I usually save any cards I receive and reuse them to make cards for donation to a local not for profit. In this case, I scoured the boxful and cut out images that were the right size for use with this sketch. I really like the way these turned out. I added a little flower I created using a USED dryer sheet!! They are really easy to make! Sort of invented them by compiling flower ideas from several different places over the last few months. Thrifty Tip: Cut a rectangle of USED dryer sheet and fold in half and then in half again, joining the fold to the two ends. Round the four corners with scissors and unfold. Gather the rectangle in the center somewhat accordion style and tie off tightly with string or crochet thread. Now just spread the "petals" all the way around the middle and you have yourself a flower!!
These cards feature a quarter sheet of handmade paper with torn edges layered on the card front, trimmed images over a coordinating cardstock rectangle - both with distressed edges and a flower with a sequin attached to the card front with a brad.
These would make perfect cards for Mother's Day!! Coming up in a just over a week or so!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments