Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cardmaking - November - Christmas Santa

I love this swirl embossing folder (Crafts Too)!!! You can check it out along with several others I have used at Ecstacy Crafts!!
I do find that you have to cut your cardstock just a slight bit over the 5.5" so the swirl pattern doesn't fall off the edge of the card but it is such a versatile design!! I used it last month for this card. I colour printed a vintage Santa from a clipart CD that fits nicely in the opening. Created the scallop greeting using a scallop punchie (SU) and a 1 3/8" punch (SU) to cut out the colour printed greeting. The metal embellishment used to be a brad but getting it properly positioned was going to be difficult so I snipped off its tangs and added 3D foam tape to the back which worked perfectly!! Another quick and easy card!!

Therese

4 comments:

  1. I love all your cards Therese. I just can't get into making Christmas cards yet. Maybe if it would snow one day I might get in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific and thanx for the info. THis is a good example of why I can't wait to get a cuttlebug so I can emboss. It gives cards such a polished look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've been busy. Love all the xmas cards. Even if they are simple and quick to make, they all look like they took some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simple is so good.
    I love the swirl embossing frame.thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments