Friday, July 08, 2011

Our shared welcome card!

This is the card I made for my little friend. I know she likes pink and purple so those are the colours I used for her card. I watercoloured the cupcakes (MelJens Designs) and trimmed the edges of the image with scallop decorative scissors. Afterwards, I paper pierced holes into each scallop and layered that onto a purple rectangle. I used a swirl embossing folder (TH) on the card front and mounted my element to it using 3D foam tape. I gave the same treatment to my greeting. Finally, I added some glitter glue to the swirls on the image and to the little hearts!!

Here is the card we created together that will be going to welcome two little girls who moved into the neighborhood this week. I watercoloured the hello and she watercoloured the hearts. She chose the green layer and embossed it while I cut out the hearts. I embellished the image and she added the row of paper piercing to the bottom of the card. We layered our elements with 3D foam tape and added an insert!!

A very successful afternoon of cardmaking!!

Share your joy of creating!! It can be with your friends, the kids next door or members of your extended family!! It is for certain that you will be creating memories that will last.

Therese

1 comment:

  1. ooh i really like that cupcake card! i read your "new here" post on the gingersnaps list -- welcome! xo michele

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments