Friday, July 15, 2011

Poinsettia card

More Christmas cards! I am way behind my goal of making some every month so I am trying to catch up!!!
I used the Nestibilities poinsettia die set (3) to create the flower. I added some sponging on the edges and embossed each petal with my embosser to create some dimension. The leaves are cut with the large die, cut apart and placed behind the flower where they looked best. The poinsettia is held together with a gold brad and I added a large gold sequin beneath it to create the center of the flower.
I used printed music with "alleluia" printed on it and layered it onto red cardstock which I had bordered with double sided tape. The music paper is just a bit smaller than the cardstock so I added red glitter to cover the difference! Really like how that turned out!! Just enough bling! Stamped a red Joy and I was done!!

I am submitting this one for Sylvia's Chocolate, Red and Cream challenge as well as her Musical one!!

Are you inspired?? If so, leave me a link so I can check out your Christmas cards!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments