Saturday, October 22, 2011

Natural Christmas card

This doily stamp is my latest acquisition from Stampin UP. I love it!! In an effort to use what I buy I decided to combine the doily stamp with Sylvia's Christmas card challenge - Natural, By Hand's Challenge of using a circle die and CST's challenge of using stitching in the creation of this card!! I am super happy with the way it turned out!!
I stamped the doily on an ivory card front and embossed it with clear embossing powder. To add colour, I used my newly acquired Portfolio water soluble pastels by just scribbling with the pastels onto the embossed image and using a paintbrush to spread the colour. I need a little more practice as I was not able to mix quite the colour I was looking for so I added some sponging once the surface was dry and that was closer to the look I wanted. Just love the way the doily pops!! I laser printed a round greeting and a poinsettia image from Birds Cards for the middle accent. I cut them out with a round Nestibilities, sponged them lightly, added colour with the pastels and layered them onto a brown scallop circle (NS). Added some faux stitching to the circle accent and the card using a caramel coloured marker to continue my soft and subtle look. Mounted them to the card front with 3D foam tape and added a seam binding bow to finish off the card.
Thrifty Tip: I created the bow using two pieces - one straight across the card and another folded in thirds tied to the middle of the other one with cording. It gives a nice bow with a very flat center which keeps costs down when mailing your cards because they will fit through the slot!!
So another 3 cards added to the stash - total count for this year so far 84!!

Therese

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Therese! Aimeslee here, from Altered Designs yahoo group. I loved reading your last few posts and enjoyed looking at your art. I wish you would come and play in our weekly mingles! You can pick and choose, you don't have to do one every week. Hope to see you active in our group very soon! We would love to have you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that doily is a stamp !!! Beautiful card,
    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely look for the holidays
    thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the doily stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments