Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Christmas cards - snowflakes

How is this for non traditional colours for a snowflake card?? I loved this red, orange and white paper the first time I laid eyes on it and after creating cards with it for several card classes over the the last few years it has come to an end!! The small leftover scraps have been added to my box of collage scraps. You can check out the other cards I have made with this paper here and here!
I started with a piece of this great paper which I cut with a wave on the bottom to simulate a snowbank which I layered onto white cardstsock and glued to my red card front. TIP: When gluing thin paper - apply glue to the cardstock and lay your thin paper onto it.
To create the accents, I layered a white cardstock snowflake punchie (MS) to a red circle punchie (SU 1 1/4") then to an orange one (SU 1 3/8"). Adhered them to the card front using 3D foam tape which also captured the white thread I used between them and the colour printed layered greeting. Used 3D foam tape to capture the thread at the top and then applied the greeting!!
It was fun to be creating Christmas cards this morning with a fun group of FLY women. First, Love Yourself - I just love their name!!
So begins the Christmas card making season for me - one class down - three more to go!!
If you need inspiration, just click the "Christmas" label on the lower right hand side of my blog to see what I have created.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments