Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tree ornaments

With card classes behind me I have been working on getting some of my other projects done!! In this case, tree ornaments for a swap on one of my groups - Art Techniques.
I started with a piece of fabric paper I created a while back. I always thought I would use it to make some hearts so when it came time to make ornaments I
decided to make some heart shaped ones!! I free hand drew the hearts on the back of the fabric paper, cut them out, laid them onto some coordinating ruby coloured upholstery fabric (remnant/sample) and cut out a backing piece for each one. I sewed a piece of cardstock with my info printed on it and embellished with a cancelled Christmas postage stamp to the backer. The filling I cut from some fleece I had on hand. I embellished the fronts by sewing on a piece of lace, ribbon and a length of twill tape on which I had stamped "spirit of peace" with a magnetic rubber stamp alphabet. I added a cancelled Christmas postage stamp from my collection to each one!! I layered all the pieces, added a ribbon hanger between the front and the fleece and sewed a close zig zag stitch all the way around to combine them. For a little dimension I added a little rosette of gathered tulle and a metal key charm. On the back I tied on a pearly button using the ends of the floss I used to sew on the rosette.
It will be fun to see what I get in return. If I am lucky they will arrive in return mail before Christmas!!

Therese

6 comments:

  1. These are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Therese! Love them! Pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are truly wonderful. great inspiration. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these xmas ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable and will look so cool on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just beautiful! Love the bits of tulle and keys.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments