Saturday, June 02, 2012

Cardmaking - All Occasion - cake & gifts

Another versatile sketch!!  I used digital images created my Michelle Perkett for this set of cards.  She has a variety of images and sentiments as well as an Etsy shop so check out her site!!
The decorative paper on this card is layered with coordinating cardstock.
Thrifty Tip:  use two small rectangles behind your decorative paper instead of a full piece. It will allow you to use smaller pieces (check your scrap bucket) as well as providing less weight to your card.
I embossed the top portion but today some embossed the whole front, some debossed the area instead of embossing and others chose to emboss the bottom half instead of the top - so many options.  The digital image is laser printed, coloured, layered and added to the card front using 3D foam tape.  It was fun to use different embossing folders for each card.  I also added some paper piercing below the decorative paper - adds a bit of texture.
Thrifty Tip : I use a push pin, a strip of plastic canvas and an old mouse pad as my paper piercing tools - works really well for creating evenly spaced holes.
These fun images would certainly be great embellished with some glitter so I may consider adding some before I send them on their way!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments