Saturday, May 04, 2013

Little girl's birthday!!

I made this for a little girl who likes pink and purple!  She is getting a little older so I decided to give her a more sophisticated version of her favorite colours!!
I used a lilac card front and layered on a floral embossed layer (CB) in a blue purple colour and added a strip of deep pink which I stamped with a butterfly image in a similar colour to give it dimension without too much contrast.  I coloured the butterfly image (CLKER) with watercolour and added some shimmer using acrylic paint.  Layered it onto an embossed silver foil scallop circle (yogurt seal), then onto a darker purple scallop and finally onto a medium toned scallop circle which were all cut with Nestibilities.  I added both this element and the colour printed greeting to the card front using 3D foam tape.  I did embellish the greeting with watercolour when I was painting the butterfly to ensure it would coordinate perfectly!!
Nestibilities are a great way to get perfectly sized elements for layering!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments