Saturday, July 13, 2013

Thank you cards with butterflies!

I was on a roll so kept at it!!  For these two I used butterflies from my stash embellished with ink and glitter.  I embossed both backgrounds, added a bordered strip of white cardstock to which I added a strip of fabric.  On the right hand side I wove the fabric strip into the slots I had created using the slot border punch by Fiskars - really like the look.  On the left hand card I sewed on the fabric strip using my sewing machine and white thread.  Glued the elements to the card fronts and added punched greetings.
I love adding stitching to my cards and find it really easy to use my regular sewing machine.  I have a thin needle that I use exclusively for sewing paper because paper dulls needles very quickly.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments