Monday, September 23, 2013

Train card

I was on a roll!!  Another paper scrap background!!  These are so easy - just glue paper strips to a quarter sheet of white bond and trim to size!!  In this case, I used blue strips and embossed the background with a gears embossing folder and used a black stamp pad to highlight the design.  I added a white strip to the top and bottom and glued the whole thing to my blue card front.  Next I assembled my accent - trimmed my train image and added two black strips which I die cut with my film strip die - one to each side.  It needed to be a bit grungy to go with my gear background so I stippled the whole thing with black ink using my stipple stamp (SU). Needing to add a bit of texture I tied on a length of blue seam binding with a double knot.   I am so used lining everything up so this time I put my image on at an angle and in doing so it gave me just the space I needed to add my greeting which I did using two black mini brads!!
Do you have a stash of paper scraps that need to be used up??  Cut as many strips as you can ( 3/4" is what I used) from the larger pieces and make a few backgrounds!!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I like how you used the film die cut for the tracks - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments