Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Masculine card

Catching up on cards for family and friends!!  Today I made a masculine card using a fabulous leather leaf die cut, a bit of collage and a piece of dyed fiber.
I started the collage on a kraft card front by layering a piece of sponged text and adding colorful little scraps all the way around.  I sponged the collur printed greeting and glued it in place.  I laid the torn fiber (dryer sheet) over the collage and stitched all the way around in dark brown thread staying just on the edge of the collage.  To finish it off I added a length of knotted ribbon across the lower portion of the card front and adhered the leather leaf using 3D foam tape.  I added a bit of definition to leaf die cut using watercolour.  I am really happy with the way it turned out!!
The leather leaf is a gift from my daughter when she visited for Thanksgiving.  She is working on a variety of products for her Etsy shop, ThatMomShop.  She has copper leaves - real copper!!  Check it out!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments