Monday, November 04, 2013

Waxed fabric thank you cards

Here are some cards I made with the fabric I waxed with wax crayons a while back.
I started by stitching my little waxed fabric square (3.5") to a coordinating card stock layer with coordinating thread on my sewing machine.  On the left hand card, I added a tied piece of seam binding on the lower section and a layered colour printed greeting.  On the right hand card, I embossed the cardstock layer with a button embossing folder, layered the whole element onto an embossed card front and added a colour printed greeting.  It was fun to create cards that look quite different using pieces cut from the same piece of fabric.  I am really enjoying the challenge of trying different techniques!!  I will try something really different next time I use wax crayons on fabric - all sorts of ideas in my head.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments