Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Circle flower card

A card for an online friend who is going through a difficult time!!  I love the softness of this card - all the elements work so nicely together.
I started by creating the "flower" using five 1.25" circle punchies of double sided paper from my stash. You can check out a tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers. Each circle is folded into a triangle shape, positioned on a circle support, adjustments are made to the folds to fully cover the support and then each one is glued into place.  Love the look!!
I glued mine to the center of a large white scalloped circle (NS), added a coordinating center circle punchie and attached it with a brown brad.  I paper pierced all the scallops as well.  I added a length of lace and ribbon to my kraft card front once I had embossed my greeting with white embossing powder.  I adhered my flower element to overlap the lace and ribbon and finished off my card by adding a couple of paper pierced swirls!!
I will be uploading this card to Splitcoast Stampers for last week`s Technique Challenge - Circle Flower.  I have decided to be more active on Splitcoast this year and participate in some of their challenges.  If you are looking for a community of paper crafters to be part of, Splitcoast Stampers offers a wide variety of options. Check them out!!

There is nothing that can replace the feeling of receiving a handmade card!!  The card is a constant physical reminder of the connection you have!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments