Tuesday, January 07, 2014

OSW with Japanese paper


 My aunt gave me a wonderful package of Yuzen Japanese paper over the holidays and I decided to make my holiday thank you cards with some of it. The sheets were 5.5" square and I did not want to waste any of it so I came up with a cutting template that would create three cards from each sheet.  See the cutting diagram below.
My first card (center) used A - 4" x 3" and B - 4" x 1".  I mounted both pieces to a coordinating card front -small one at the bottom, larger one at the top. I cut a 4" x 1" piece of white cardstock, gold embossed Thank You on the right side and added a little bow to the left using vintage seam binding. Added a gold embossed butterfly punchie (SU) with gold cord antenna using 3D foam tape to finish it off.
My second card (left) used C - 5.5" x 1.5".  I gold embossed my greeting (SU) on my card front.  I layered my decorative paper onto coordinating cardstock to create two accent pieces - one to fit above & another for below which left me a scrap of decorative paper - E.  I added a butterfly using 3D foam tape and used a push pin and a scrap piece of solid foam to create a paper pierced flight path.

For my third card I used D - 4" x 1.5" and E - scrap.  I layered both of these onto a coordinating piece of cardstock 5.5" long.  I added a vintage seambinding bow to cover the joint.  I embossed the right hand side of my card front and glued my accent piece to the left.  I added a layered greeting created using a laser printed greeting oval punchie (SU) and a scalloped oval punchie (SU) in a coordinating colour.  

I used five different pieces of paper and really love the way the cards turned out!!
Here is the cutting template for the decorative paper I used for these cards.

Of course, you could cut the pieces you need from scraps of decorative paper instead and make up these cards in a jiffy!!

It is blessing to receive gifts over the holiday season and an exercise in gratitude to send little notes with our thanks!!

Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments