Thursday, February 27, 2014

Doodled Tags

 I created these tags to accompany some pencil cases I have made that will serve as silent auction prizes at our family reunion this summer.  I die cut them using a Trio Tags die (SX) from heavy weight chipboard which was merchandise packaging.  I painted the back side and added my name and blog address in sharpie marker.
 I coloured the fronts using distress ink pads in coordinating colours and then added some doodling with a fine tip sharpie marker.  I ran a large permanent marker all the way around the edges to define the edge and finish off the designs.  Finally, I sprayed them with hair spray to seal the surface.
You can see here that I tied them onto my pencil cases using black cotton thread.
It was fun to create the pencil cases with the gorgeous butterfly fabric I scored at the thrift shop a couple of weeks ago and now they have one of a kind tags as well.  I am happy!!

Therese

1 comment:

  1. Therese, Wonderful fun project, love both the doodle tags and the colorful fabric cases.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments