Thursday, May 22, 2014

Exchange cards using SU digital images

 I created these two cards using colour printed digital elements from the StampinUP set - Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack.  I used Corel Draw to layout two different flowers and the corkboard border adding a greeting as well.  I fussy cut all the elements leaving a bit of a border.  I sponged the edges of the borders and left the flowers with the border showing.  I embossed a quarter sheet of kraft cardstock using a Quick Kuts embossing folder (QK), layered it onto an off white card front and layered on my elements in a nice arrangement.  I adhered the large white flower using 3D foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.
I will be sending these cards to my partners for the CCE cards exchange I am involved with.
It was the first time I used any of the full colour digital elements from this set and I am happy with how these cards turned out.  The most difficult part was deciding how big to make the elements so they would work together in my layout.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments