Friday, September 05, 2014

Flourished flower cards!

When I was working on thank you cards for my friend I stamped these flourished backgrounds (Impression Obession) to find that they were really not the right colour so I had set them aside along with some coordinating ribbon.  I found them on my desk this week in my efforts to clean up while my sister was visiting!!  She is on holidays and came for a few days of R&R and some crafting time!!  I needed two cards for my card exchange so decided I would use these supplies.  I found these pink Prima flowers which I received as a prize on one of  groups that coordinated with the backgrounds so I got started!!  I added a little white label die cut (TH) which I sponged and stippled (SU) in pink.  I punched slots (SU) for my organza ribbon on each end. I chose to remove the little bumpy centers of the flowers and replace them with a brown brads which will allow them to fit in the postal mail slot.  I added the flowers to the label using the brads.  I ran a length of ribbon through the slots, folded the ends to the back of the backgrounds adhering them with double sided tape and tied on a short length to the front to simulate a bow.  I am loving these scrolled greetings (CLKER) !!  I fussy cut two, watercoloured them in appropriate colours and adhered them below the flower element using 3D foam tape and glued the whole thing to a pink card front.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments