Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Winter Pocket card

On one of my groups I joined a card swap with the theme of Winter Twilight in Silhouette with the requirement that it also be a pocket card.  It took a while for me to envision a card that would fit all the criteria but when I found a shallow pocket card on Splitcoast Stampers, things started to fall into place! I started by creating my scene using digital images from CLKER and adding a few lines to define the horizon. Once it was laser printed and trimmed down to a tag I cut a mask and sponged the sky and added a bit of blue to the snow creating a bit of shadow for the deer.  I added a border (SU) punched layer of decorative paper (SU) to the bottom of my kraft coloured card gluing only the bottom and both sides to create a pocket.  I added a length of kraft cording to which I had already tied a short length of the same cord over the decorative pocket and then layered on a glittery snowflake embellishment using double sided tape below the cording and a glue dot just behind the snowflake.  I added a rounded tab (SU) to the top of the large tag and embellished it with a kraft coloured snowflake.  I used a Sakura clear glitter pen to add a bit of sparkle to the embellishment and the little snowflake too!!  I will be making a few more of these for my card exchange this month.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments