Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lacy wedding card

A wedding card!!  After doing a bit of inspirational research on Splitcoast Stampers where I was drawn to the lacy neutral cards I went digging in my stash to see what I could find.  Was there any doubt?? Some beautiful lace and a length of wide brown satin ribbon.  I used two pieces of lace stitched together to create what I needed for this oversize card.   I positioned double sided tape on the center of it, laid it carefully in place before using pressure to adhere it to my kraft card front.  I also used double sided tape to adhere the ends to the inside of the card.   I cut a length of brown ribbon, laid it over the center attaching the ends to the inside card using double sided tape as well.  I cut the butterfly (MD) from white cardstock, added clear rhinestones on his body and used a piece of double sided tape to adhere it in place after securing the ribbon to the card front just below where I was positioning the butterfly with double sided tape as well.  I stamped the greeting (SU) in dark brown on kraft, trimmed it to 5/8" and used a small label die (SX) to trim both ends.  I punched a tiny hole in one end and tied it to the butterfly's wing using brown thread which I coloured using a brown sharpie marker.  I added a bit of 3D foam tape to the back of the greeting and glued it to the front so it would hang nicely.
Very happy with how it turned out!!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments