Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring 4x4 chunky book page

Created this 4" x 4" chunky book page for a swap on one of my groups that was themed - spring, green and watercolour.  I started with a piece of watercolour paper which I created when I was playing with waterbased markers for this project. I cut it to 4" square and used a set of Cookie Cutter alphabet dies to cut out the word spring.  I do not own any of these dies but my daughter lent a couple of sets last week so I decided to play with them today.  Very cool!!  My sister, Sylvia, has been using her SU Alphabet framelits set to create these and these cards.  I do have a set of alphabet punches which I have used several times which gives a similar look but is smaller and a bit less versatile.
I layered a piece of green cardstock on the back and glued it into place being careful to ensure the glue would not show through the letters.  I added glue to the three fall out pieces (one on the P and two on the G) and repositioned them in the letters then into the holes so they would be properly aligned in the word.  Once they were dry I removed the letters.  Excellent!!  I stamped the silhouette of the birds in the tree (SU) in black, doodled in the border and the dots on my letters using a black fine tip sharpie and added the wire using the same marker.  I made up this quote and stamped it on my page using dark green ink and my Making Memories magnetic alphabet stamps.  I had to use my homemade Lego positioning jig - see it here - to ensure that the first line ended up between the letters.  I had been wondering what I was going to use to add a bit of dimension to my project but it all became clear when I stamped the last three words upside down.  I restamped it on a scrap of the same watercolour paper, trimmed it to size and used a few pieces of cardstock to elevate a bit from the page's surface!!  I used the fine tip sharpie to add the branch in the corner and some music notes among the words.  I used a piece of cardstock which I had scribbled iall over n green gel pen to create my back.  I applied several washes of watercolour which highlighted the gel pen because they resisted the colour.  I glued my back to the front, added the same border and my credits and it is ready to be mailed off to my partner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments