Monday, May 04, 2015

Another birthday card with the Grimms Fairy Tale art

My youngest grand daughter is having a birthday this week!!  I chose some of the same art that I used on her cousin's birthday card - the watercoloured Grimm's Fairy Tales!!  This piece was round so I layered it onto white and then onto dark blue (Nestibilities).  I stamped the greeting on a yellow layer using dark blue ink, punched the bottom edge with a scallop border punch (SU) and then embossed it using the Swiss Dots embossing folder (CB) avoiding the greeting.  I used a hammer to selectively emboss the area around the greeting.  I added iridescent glitter glue to the scallops on the yellow layer as well as those on the scallop circle and let them dry.  Once dry, I added a length of dark blue vintage seam binding on the right hand side of the yellow layer using double sided tape to secure both ends to the back of the layer. I tied a short piece to the front and trimmed both ends diagonally.  The look of a bow without the bulk!! I glued the yellow layer to my dark blue card front and then added my layered focal element above the greeting and over the seam binding.  Really turned out well!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments