Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day card for my Mom

My Mom's favorite colour is blue so I try to use it when I am creating her Mother's Day card.  I started with these strips of rice paper napkin which my daughter gave me a long while ago.  I love the colour and design with the little bit of gold in it and the lovely scalloped edge.  I glued two strips to the pale blue card front using glue stick.  I created the central element using a strip of white cardstock which I punched on both long edges using a doily border punch (MS) and next I embossed the center portion using a border embossing folder (SU) which coordinated reasonably well.  I glued this element to my card front and trimmed all the papers to the edge of the card.  I added a length of narrow navy blue ribbon over the embossing and glued the ends to the inside of the card using double sided tape.  I cut a 5/8" strip of white cardstock and embossed the greeting (SU) in gold embossing powder.  I used a label framelit (SX) to trim the ends one at a time because I needed the greeting to be longer than the size of the framelit.  I like having the flexibility of using my tools more creatively!!  I sponged the edges just a bit with blue ink and mounted it over the ribbon using 3D foam tape.
I am grateful for everything that my Mom taught me as I was growing up and how she continues to share as we grow older together.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments