Friday, June 26, 2015
I started with a small dictionary page and tore the edges to distress it a bit more than the fading that had already taken place. I stamped the heart in black pigment ink on the page and embossed with black embossing powder. I watercoloured the inside of the heart in red and then added some shimmery red paint over it to give it just a bit more texture. I painted the outside of the heart with shimmery brown paint. Once dry, I glued the page to the front of a brown card and added a black strip to the left hand side which I had painted with the same red shimmery paint. I added round punchies in black over it, again, to add texture. I watercoloured a fussy cut greeting and mounted it below the heart using 3D foam tape. Thinking it needed "a bit of something" I added some stamped flourishes (QF) in red on the outside edges and used my stipple stamp with black ink as well. That was better!!