I was in need of another sympathy card when I designed this template to create three cards. At the same time I created a Christmas and birthday card because that worked pretty well with my decorative paper. I used digital images from Beccy's Place and added greetings in Corel Draw before I laser printed them on the sheet of neutral cardstock. I cut all three sheets of cardstock in half and folded one of each colour in half to create my three card fronts. I trimmed the decorative paper according to the cutting template. cut my greeting/images apart being careful to ensure that I could fit all the pieces I needed in before cutting anything. I cut three cut maroon layers (1 7/8" x 3") for my images and then cut the other pieces I would need from my scraps. I used four of the 1" x 3" decorative paper pieces on this card gluing them equidistant from each other and the edges on the ivory/neutral card front. I sponged the ivory strip with maroon ink after I punched it with the scallop border punch so it would better show up on my card. I added the green strip and then glued this element over the bottom edge of my decorative paper strips. I watercoloured my image and adhered it to a maroon layer then glued it to my card front. I added clear dots of Dimensional Magic to the scallops and let it dry over night. It adds some subtle dimension to my sympathy card.
Next, I worked on my Christmas one. I glued the 3" x 3" and one of the 1" x 3" strips to a 3.25" x 4.5" layer of ivory/neutral cardstock leaving a gap in between. I cut a piece of green cardstock 3/4" x 3.25", embossed it with a wordy Christmas embossing folder and glued it in place over the gap. I glued this whole element to the maroon card front. I watercoloured my image, glued it to a maroon layer and mounted it on my card front overlapping the green strip using 3D foam tape.
For the birthday card, I glued the last four strips of decorative paper to my card front (see the sketch) leaving very small margins between the edges and the pieces. I watercoloured my image, layered it onto a maroon rectangle and mounted it to the center of my green card front. I added some small rectangles into the remaining spaces, added faux stitching with a marker and used watercolour and my stipple stamp to add a bit of texture to them.
Really happy with how these cards worked out. There are other variations that can be created using these elements. If you decide to play with this template I would love to see how you created your cards!! Leave me a link to your creations in the comments below.