Thursday, February 11, 2016

An elegant black and white Christmas card

This card features a laser printed image on vellum.  I had printed several of these for cards a while back and I had this one Christmas one left.  It is a swirly Christmas tree by Kate Pullen which I combined with Merry Christmas in a fun font and printed it on vellum.  I layered the vellum onto silver foil and trimmed it leaving a slim margin of the silver foil showing.  If the foil you want to use is very thin consider gluing it to paper or cardstock before trimming it to size. I attached the vellum to the silver foil using four silver mini brads strategically placed on the tree. I layered the tree element to a layer of black cardstock to which I also attached a piece of silver ribbon (glued ends to the back ) an added two layered snowflakes to the center with a tiny silver brad.  I glued this whole element to a large white card front.
Love the elegant look of this monochromatic card!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments