Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Cute bird house Christmas card


I am back to making large cards with my sister's supplies.  She left them here last summer and I have been working on cards for her every once in a while when I have a bit of time.
This one features this very cute and glittery birdhouse paper!!  I cut the paper to the proper width and then measured what I needed once I added the strip of red and trimmed it to size.  I cut it about two thirds down, inserted the red strip of cardstock and butted their edges to each other and used regular tape to attach them together.  I butted the other piece to the bottom of the red cardstock and taped them together.  I now had an integral piece which I glued to my dark brown card front.  I layered my red laser printed greeting to a layer of brown and mounted it onto the red strip.  I cut one bird house from the scraps and mounted it next to my greeting using 3D foam tape.
I am enjoying making these large cards - 8.5" x 5.5". They are a real change from the A2 and it is fun to be using someone else's supplies as well.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments