Thursday, March 03, 2016

A few masculine cards with colour printed background on book page

I made a few cards today.  I was looking to create some different backgrounds so I did some internet research on creating backgrounds and was inspired to print some of my scanned backgrounds onto book pages.  I dug through my stash of books for collage and found a text book of Latin Prose which I got free on a boulevard a few years ago.  The pages are 5" x  8" which I thought was close enough to half a page to work in the printer.  I searched some several older folders of my scanned backgrounds to find something to print on the pages.  I created this one by brushing Citrasolv onto a colourful page from a National Geographic magazine and letting all of the colours blend.  A very cool technique!! I opened the scan in Corel Draw and sized it onto a half page so it would print on 5" x 8" and ran the book page through my colour laser.  I love how it worked out!!  I printed several sheets while I was at it so I have a few extra!!  I would highly recommend to all of you to scan or photograph your creations for reuse in future projects!!

So here are the three cards I created today!! This one features the top of one of the printed backgrounds.  I trimmed the background to fit on a black layer (4" x 5.25").  I cut a circular hole in the black cardstock layer, layered the decorative paper over the black, turned it over and traced the opening on the back of the decorative paper and used the next size Nestibilities to cut a larger hole in it.  I glued the decorative paper to the black layer which created a frame around the edge and a black frame around the circular opening as well.  I tied a short piece of gray seam binding to the right hand side of the opening using a double knot.  I backed the hole with a scrap of decorative paper which coordinated in colour and had some gold as well.  I fussy cut my coloured train image (Class Act) and used 3D foam tape to adhere it in the hole.  I cut a flagged end on my greeting, layered it in black and adhered it below the image with double sided tape then glued this element to a light blue card front.
 For this card I made two cuts on each side of my decorative paper which gave me nine pieces. I layered them onto my blue card front and adhered them in place.  I watercoloured this boat image (CLKER), layered it onto teal and trimmed the left hand side with decorative scissors piercing the edge to add texture.  I created my greeting by adding a watercoloured laser printed greeting to a blue tag.  I punched a slot at the top of the tag so I could thread my gray vintage seam binding through it.  I adhered the ends of the seam binding to the inside of my card using double sided tape.  Note in the photo you can see that I used my slot punch to create an opening on the spine of my card to insert my seam binding.  I love multi purposes for tools!!  I adhered my image to my card front above the seam binding, positioned my greeting and adhered it with 3D foam tape and then tied a short piece of seam binding to the length to simulate a bow!!  Love the look of the background on this card.
For this card I adhered this little bicycle image onto metal foil and trimmed a border all the way around using scallop decorative scissors.  I embossed a frame right next to the image and then another next to it and then used my pencil to emboss dots in all the scallops!!  I love how it came out. You can check out my Featured Post to check out my Embossed Metal Tutorial or follow this link or Click the Tutorial Link on my header.  I layered my decorative paper onto black and then onto a medium blue card front.  I adhered my image with its embossed metal frame to the top portion using double sided tape.  I layered my laser printed greeting over a strip of black paper and used staples to secure it in place.  I used 3D foam tape to adhere this element to my card front.
Had a fun day of cardmaking!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments