Monday, April 18, 2016
Foiled background and die cut acetate dragonfly!
I created the pieces I used in this background years ago for an ATC activity. The aluminum foil tape was adhered to strips of lightweight cardstock, coloured using alcohol inks and embossed with a script embossing folder!! I cut the strips into pieces and started creating a mosaic by gluing the pieces to a black layer leaving a thin border all the way around. I really like the look of it with the blues and greens all mixed together. I chose this die cut "thanks" greeting which I created a while back and rounded the corners. I was looking for a really nice 3D piece to use as an focal element. I found this dragonfly die cut (SX) in my butterfly collection. Its colours worked so well and it was just the right size to work with the greeting as well. I used double sided tape to glue its body to the embossed background and added two tiny black brads for its eyes. I added the greeting with double sided tape as well and then glued this large element to the front of a blue card. I am really loving the 3D effect of this card. The acetate dragonfly die cut was coloured with transparent acrylic paint which I created for a project a while back. Actually, way back in 2010, for a class I was teaching at the time at a local school!! Time flies!!