Friday, April 01, 2016

March Cardmaking - resist decorative paper and fun images


 For this month's card making class I started by prepping kits that featured these fun labels cut with the Tim Holtz - Ornamental die.  I used decorative paper which I created a while back using ivory cardstock, clear wax and a diamond texture plate.  After laying the cardstock over the texture plate I rubbed clear wax over the surface and then applied a green colour wash.  Once they were dry, I laid them coloured side down over an absorbent paper surface and used an iron to remove the wax.  I then over stamped the resist pattern using a flourish stamp and olive green ink.  I found that both ivory and pea green cardstock worked well for my cards.  I added some stippling using green ink - a soft green for the ivory and a darker one for the green - around the edges of my card fronts to add a bit of texture.  I added the ribbon across the upper portion of the label adhering both ends to the back using double sided tape and then mounted this element to my card fronts. To change things up a bit I chose to colour print my digital images onto ivory cardstock and then cut them out with my circle Nestibilities.  Once my images were watercoloured I layered them onto green and used 3D foam tape to adhere them to my card fronts overlapping the ribbon.  I tied a short piece of ribbon with a single knot to the length I had already put on to simulate a bow.  I punched out the coordinating colour printed greetings, watercoloured their edges a bit and then adhered them below the focal element.  The pansy is by Anne's "Cards 4U" and the little birdies are from Birdie Brown's.  It is always fun to create fun decorative paper to use in your cardmaking!!

Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments