Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Lacy wedding card

Made a wedding card for my stash!! The image looks wonky now that I look at it a little closer!!  It really is nice and square!
I started with a kraft card front and using double sided tape I added to pieces of lace that almost met in the middle.  I used double sided tape to adhere the ends inside the card as well.   I punched a strip of kraft cardstock with the eyelet punch (SU) and sponged the edges a bit with brown ink.  I trimmed the strip the width of the card, added a length of white satin ribbon adhering the ends to the back with double sided tape.  I mounted this piece over the gap in between the two pieces of lace.  I die cut the embossed heart (SU) from shimmery cardstock and sponged the edges a bit with brown ink.  I stitched on some white floss and tied a little bow to give it some texture.  I adhered it to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I layered a little greeting (Modern Label and Word Window) from some punchies and tied it to one of the holes in the border using the same floss I made the bow with.  Really happy with how this worked out!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments