Friday, March 10, 2017

Creating shamrocks with hearts for cards!

For these St. Patrick's Day cards I used heart punchies and die cuts to create shamrocks for my cards - an idea I found on line.  I cut two different sizes in different green decorative papers, layered them and stitched them together.  On the right hand one, I stitched them to the white layer at the same time.  With no St. Patrick's Day stamp I chose to create the layers I needed in Corel Draw using fonts and printed the quarter sheets with the greeting already on them.  For the first card I embossed the white layer with the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the top and manually embossed the bottom portion to avoid embossing the printed greeting.  I layered on my stitched shamrock, added the white fiber knotting it into place and then layered this whole element to the front of a green card.
For the second one, I added ribbon between the shamrock and the laser printed greeting then stitched the white layer to a green card front.  I did add green rhinestones to their centers which nicely covers up the convergence of the stem and the leaves.
For the next two cards I created shamrocks with hearts as well. For the left hand one I used smaller hearts to make a shamrock that would fit on a smaller rectangle which had a laser printed greeting.  I added a rhinestone in the center and sponged the edges of the rectangle with green ink to finish off my focal element.  I added a strip of white vintage seam binding to an embossed green rectangle of cardstock before I glued it to a white card front.  I added my focal element over the seam binding using 3D foam tape and then tied a short piece of seam binding to the piece on the card with one knot to simulate a bow!!  
For the next card, I embossed a white layer which had a laser printed greeting on it avoiding embossing the greeting.  I added a strip of gold fiber ribbon and then glued it to a green layer and then layered the whole element to a white card front.  I created my shamrock by gluing the hearts over each other and then glued them to a green square of cardstock.  I added this focal element to my card using double sided tape. 
Glad to have a bit of variety in my cards!!  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments