Mother's Day is coming and I am preparing a few cards for my stash. I decided to see how many I could make reusing old card front which have been donated to me.
For the first card I trimmed out a floral element then gold embossed a greeting on the lower left, added a pink foil layer and glued this large element to a light blue green card. I added a beautiful pink silk ribbon gluing the ends to the inside of the card and tied on a short length with a single knot to simulate a bow. I slit the spine of my card to insert my ribbon before gluing.
For the right hand card, I pretty much repeated the process. I trimmed the beautiful rose image, silver embossed a greeting, added a silk ribbon with a simulated bow and glued this large element to a coordinating red card front.
For the center card it was a bit more complicated. Once I had trimmed out the floral image there remained some writing on the top right hand side so I created a "patch" that coordinated, layered them and punched both layers at the same time. Next, I positioned my patch in the opening and taped it into place on the back. I added a small silk flower over the area and secured it with a rhinestone brad. Next, I wanted to add a ribbon down the right hand side so I removed the flower/brad and ran the ribbon between the tines of the brad and reassembled the embellishment. I glued the ends of the organza ribbon to the back of the layer and tied on a short length to simulate a bow. Like how that worked out!! I had no greetings that would fit in the open spaces so chose to punch a hole and mount a small sponged greeting to the back instead. I added dots all the way around using a silver gel pen. I glued this large element to a coordinating light blue green card front.
Some times reusing a card front takes more time than creating from scratch but it is nice to be able to reuse those beautiful images.