Our last cardmaking night before the summer was this week and this is the first set of cards we made.
I had cut these tags for a different card for a previous class and eventually decided that it was too involved for the time frame so I had put the supplies aside. I decided to see if I could change up the sketch and supplies to make a card for this class. Worked out quite well though I did trim the tags a bit so they had a square top instead of a pointy one!!
I adhered two pieces of decorative paper - a 4"x 4" or so with a 1.25" x 4" or so for a coordinating card front. I changed the proportions a bit to suit the pieces I found in my stash. There were a couple that I could not convince myself to cut because they were so perfect so we used them whole but we worked from the sketch anyway. The small piece went on the bottom for the first card and on the top for second card.
Next, I watercoloured the tags ( Lighthouse - Arthurs Clipart , daisies in a jar - Paper Garden Projects). Once they were dry I slipped the length of seam binding into the hole of the tag and used two little pieces of double sided tape to hold the two pieces in place. I added the trimmed and embellished laser printed greeting to the tag using double sided tape and then glued this large element to my card front. In some cases we had to trim the seambinding/ribbon to ensure the ends would tuck neatly into the envelope. The greeting could have been added to the bottom or the other side for a bit of a different look.
Really happy with how these turned out! The spare kits will show up here over time!!