Saturday, July 22, 2017

A glittery embossed background with a punched border of butterflies for these two cards

 I found these two scraps together - the turquoise stamped and glitter embossed background and the border punched butterflies!!  A friend of mine punched it for me on one of our play dates a few years ago.  So I created a couple of cards!!!  I started with two deep green card fronts and layered on the embossed pieces on the right hand side.  Added the turquoise pieces along with a scalloped turquoise border in behind on the left hand one and a black strip over the edge on the right hand one.  I found several black circles in my stash which layered very nicely with my round greetings (SU) so I slipped them under the layer before gluing everything into place.  I added sequin flowers to my stamped greetings with tiny brads and then glued them over the black layer which highlights it just enough.  I glued the butterfly border above the greeting.  I added clear rhinestones to the scallops of the border to finish off the left hand card.  Two for my stash!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments