Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Christmas Card Set - Snowman and nativity

Another prize for the silent auction at a family event coming up soon!!  I made eight of each design for a total of sixteen cards which I will package in a Ferraro Rocher box from last Christmas.  You can check out the Birthday card set I made for the other prize here.  These fit in #8 envelopes (6.5" x 3 5/8") which are available in most stationary/general stores in most locations.  I cut the card fronts from letter sized cardstock and added a section on the short end using the scraps leftover and taped them together.  It can be used on the front or the back depending on your design.  For these, I used that section for the front because I was gluing a piece of heavy weight decorative paper to fill the front which helps stabilize the extra piece.  I added instructions on the back to allow the recipient to reuse the card.  
I trimmed two 12" x 12"pieces of heavyweight decorative paper into eight pieces each that measure #3 x 6".  I made the cards just a slight bit narrower to accommodate the best use of the decorative paper.  I designed the greeting using a font called NOEL, laser printed them in a coordinating colour and punched them out with an oval punch (SU).  I punched coordinating scalloped ovals and glued the greetings to them after sponging their edges with a bit of coordinating ink.  I cut strips about 3/8" wide from scraps of coordinating cardstock for each set and tied 1/4" ivory silk ribbon to each using a double square knot.  I used two digital images for Dearie Dolls - a holy family and a cool snowman and printed them onto off white cardstock, trimmed them out and watercoloured them.  To assemble my cards I glued the decorative paper to my card fronts, added the greeting on the lower section then just above that the strips embellished with ribbon.  Next I sponged with coordinating ink all the way the coloured images before adhering them to my cards.   
I am not a fan of making lots of cards that are the same but in order to be efficient I did the best I could.  It was easiest to colour each part of the images at the same time while I had the colour ready to go - so I painted all the sweaters, then all the noses, etc which made it easier to do them all the same though I did deviate a bit as in some cases the sweater and scarf colours are transposed and the scarf accent colours aren't always the same.  I had better luck when I was doing the nativity - those are pretty close to being all the same.  
So another set of cards ready to go!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments