Thursday, October 12, 2017

Another fun watercoloured card


I made this card with a kit I made up for my last cardmaking class.  It features white embossing on watercolour paper and the design emerges as colour is applied!  I started with yellow watercolour all over avoiding some parts of the presents as I went along.  Next I added blue to the inside of the presents and discovered that the bottom edge of the design is not closed so the colour ran into the yellow a bit.  Next, I added just a wee bit of red to the heart bows on the top of the presents.  A fun design using a stamp I have had for ages!!  I coloured the greeting with the same colours as the main element though I watered them down some so as to not compete with the front.  I wrapped the fiber all the way around and then incorporated my label greeting in on my last wrap before tying it off with a double knot.  The greeting was stamped with black ink (SU). I glued this large element to a black card front.  Love the bright colours!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments