Tuesday, October 03, 2017

September Cardmaking - embossed backgrounds with laser printed digital images and font greetings

 It is that time of year again!!  We are back to our post summer routines and for me that means back to regularly cardmaking sessions with my group.  It was fun to have a few new people to join us this time around!!
We started with a fairly versatile sketch - a pieced embossed background, some ribbon/fiber and a layered focal element which featured digital images from Cre8tive Hands along with greetings created with interesting fonts. 
For this card I embossed four silver foil rectangles with the Swiss Dots (CB) embossing folder and glued them leaving an even margin all the way around onto a gray card front.  I added a length of red ribbon and tied on a short piece with a single knot to simulate a bow before adding my focal element with 3D foam tape.  My focal element features a cute little nativity image from Cre8tive Hands to which I added a font greeting before laser printing onto white cardstock. I watercoloured my image and layered it onto black before adding it to my card front.  Because I chose a smaller image size I have the ability to make these cards portrait or landscape regardless of the orientation of my image.  For some of the kits I embossed the rectangles with different embossing folders and varied the colours to provide a multicoloured background.  With a bit more work the rectangles could have been made different sizes which would have given the background a more abstract look. 
Really happy with how this card turned out!!  Love the image at Cre8tive Hands as well!!  You can see below a couple more cards I made up at class.  I have a couple Christmas ones so I can add them to my stash as I have been remiss in keeping my commitment of making them monthly.  I will have to recommit and catch up!!

Therese






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments