Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Kid's birthday card with a cute little mouse

Another kid's birthday card for my daughter that features a cute little mouse with a cupcake.  This is a digital image from Dearie Dolls which I laser printed on white cardstock, trimmed out and watercoloured.  This card front was a bit short as well so I added my decorative paper and then used double sided tape to glue a strip of brown in place to finish off my card.  The decorative paper was a sheet of scrapbook paper which I stamped and embossed with copper embossing powder.  I watercoloured the image, layered it onto brown and mounted it to my card front.  I trimmed my laser printed font greeting, flagged the ends and sponged all the way around with brown ink before adhering it to my card front.   I had little brown hearts left over from these Christmas cards sitting on my desk so added one to the greeting. 
I am enjoying creating single cards again.  I have teaching Christmas card classes lately which entails lots of cards that use the same sketch. 

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments