Saturday, March 31, 2018

Fun Easter images with textured backgrounds and 3D embellishments


Another couple Easter cards!!!
I started with a very elegant digital Easter greeting which I laser printed, trimmed and layered onto coordinating cardstock.  I found a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper and glued it to my black card front.  I used punches to create these little flower embellishments to finish off my card.  I used silver brads to combine a pink sequin, a light pink and a dark pink flower punchie.  I punched some light green feathery leaves (MS) and adhered them to the back of my flowers using double sided tape.  I glued my focal element to my card front and then glued the flowers around it.  It still needed a bit of something so I used my pattern tracing wheel to add some paper piercing to the card front in between my elements.  I was careful to not pierce too deep as to not damage my black card front and I think it adds a lot of interest and texture to my card!!  Perfect!!
For my second cards I started with this very bright floral digital image (Pixabay) to which I added a font greeting before laser printing it.  I layered it onto dark pink cardstock and went looking for a coordinating piece for my background.  I found this beautiful yellow piece, embossed it and added the green gros grain ribbon before I mounted this large element to a dark brown card.  I mounted my focal element above the ribbon and thought that it needed just a bit of something so I created a little flower 3D embellishment that coordinated.  I used a dark brad and layered on a yellow sequin, a dark pink flower punchie and added ribbon leaves to the back using double sided tape.  I cut a piece of dark pink ribbon, folded it and used the brad from the flower to adhere it to my card front over the green ribbon.  That worked very well!!  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments