Thursday, June 07, 2018

Card kits - little birdie cards


A made up a few of the card kits from this March class to add to my stash!! Little birdie cards are very versatile because they can be used for a wide variety of occasions.  
These ones feature decorative paper layered onto coordinating cardstock as a base.  After drawing a beak and inserting a tiny black brad for the eye the bird die cut (TH) was inserted into the bird cage (TH) and secured with double sided tape at the bottom which ends up securing the rhinestones as well.  The wing was added next using 3D foam tape to give it some dimension.  Next, I secured the ribbon into the hole at the top of the cage using double sided tape and used both 3D foam tape and double sided to secure it to my card front.  I threaded the little greeting tag (die cut then stamped using a jig) on the ribbon before securing the other end to the inside of the card front with double sided tape.  I trimmed off the extra length and tied it with a single knot to the length on the front just above the cage to simulate a bow.  I used a small piece of 3D foam tape to secure the greeting in place after sponging it with a bit with ink.  To finish off my card I positioned clear rhinestones into the holes at the bottom of the cage!!              Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments