Thursday, July 05, 2018

Cards from kits - embossed and sanded backgrounds with fun digital images and one with a greeting


A couple more cards from kits and my stash is growing!!!  These cards kits are from my May Class.   The backgrounds were colour printed on coloured cardstock, stenciled, stamped and embossed with a swirl oval embossing folder.  After embossing I sanded them to reveal the colour of the cardstock which was a light lavender.  I love the velvety smoothness that the sanding creates!!  The backgrounds were glued to pink/purple card front.  I laser printed the images (umbrella from Broken Box Stock and pansies from Arthur's clipart) and trimmed them out using oval Nestibilities before watercolouring them.  I cut larger ovals in coordinating colours to layer them onto.  I mounted them inside the swirl pattern on the backgrounds of my cards!!  I did add a greeting to the umbrella one using a small laser printed font greeting (Word Window punchie SU) layered onto a yellow Modern Lable punchie from SU as well.  A very versatile sketch in that a small greeting can easily be added without modifying the design.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments