Monday, July 30, 2018

Layered hearts for a fun anniversary card!!

I like to feature hearts on anniversary cards and am always looking for new ways to feature them.  I had these cut and sitting on my desk from this card from my All Occasion Class.  I decided to layer them and then wanted a way to interlock them so I dug through the scraps sitting on my desk and found this little strip which did exactly what I wanted.  I decided to layer them onto this dark red colour which I embossed with stars instead of hearts which was my original intent.  Somehow, I just could not do the hearts and the stars were calling to me.  So hearts it is!!  I glued down my hearts and then punched out an opening using my Modern Label punch (SU) just below the bottom of the lowest heart.  I glued this large element to a green card front which coordinated with the strip I used.  I added the little punched greeting into the opening using 3D foam tape.  the card still needed "a bit of something" so I added clear rhinestones to the strip and that was better.  After a bit of pondering I also added some to one of the hearts and to the greeting.  That was better but it still was calling for more bling so I added dots to the background layer using a clear glitter gel pen!!  That was better!!!  Always amazing how the muse calls and we are guided!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments