Friday, July 13, 2018

Stash busting - a highly texture embossed background made with scraps, stamped focal element and greeting

The scraps I used on this card were leftover from some fun brayered backgrounds (Kaleidacolour - Creole Spice)  I found in my stash a while back.  I mounted the five little rectangles to a piece of purple cardstock and embossed it with an allover pattern embossing folder (Lattice -SU) and mounted it to a coordinating green card front.  I went digging through my image stash to see what I could find to coordinate and this is what I found.  Stamped with a background and leaf in green and trimmed into a rectangle.  It fit perfectly on my background!!  I found a stamp set with this friendship greeting when I was looking for something the other day and made note that I should use it.  I stamped it in navy on white, punched with an oval punch (SU), layered it onto a silver scalloped oval punchie (SU) and mounted to to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I am really happy with how this one worked out!!!!! 
I have mined my stamp sets for greetings which I have overlooked because they are part of a set.  I found all sorts of really nice saying that I will now incorporate into my cardmaking.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments